The Lyons-Ryan Family of 'Ellendale', Marong, Victoria
Index to Articles
This Index lists all of the articles entered on this web site. To view an item, click on its name, then return to the "Articles" Index via the menu at the top of the page.
Lyons-Ryan Family Tree
- Family Tree Charts - Tree charts to the third generation in Australia.
'Ellendale and Beyond'
- 'Ellendale and Beyond': updated - Download the latest version of the Lyons/Ryan family history.
- The Ellenborough - The ship that brought William, Ann and Ellen Ryan (later Lyons) to Australia in 1854.
Ellendale and Marong
- 'Ellendale' in 1880 - An early photograph and plan of the homestead.
- Lyons Family at Home (c 1904) - An early family photograph.
- Lyons' Land Holdings at Marong - Details of the various parcels of land comprising 'Ellendale'.
- The Ellendale Tray - A gift to the Lyons family on leaving Marong in 1912.
- Lyons' Cemetery Plot - The Lyons family grave at Marong.
- 'Ellendale' in 1994 - A visit to the remains of the Lyons' homestead in Marong, Victoria.
- Able to Read Without Glasses at 86! - An article on Ellen Lyons published in "The Morning Post" on Friday, December 3, 1926.
Second Generation *
- Droving in the North West - John James Lyons' trek through the north west of Australia in 1896.
Third Generation *
- A Missionary in Eastern Papua - Father Francis (Frank) Lyons and the establishment of a catholic mission at Sideia Island.
Fourth Generation *
- Archbishop Denis Hart - In 2001 Patrick and Ellen Lyon's great grandson was appointed Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne.
* Based on Patrick and Ellen Lyons being First Generation